National Education Assessment System,
Ministry of Federal Education &
Sector H-9, Islamabad-44000, Pakistan.
Phone : +92-51-9265571, +92-51-4865645
Copyright © 2018 NEAS.
All rights reserved.
Since 2003, NEAS has made rapid progress in strengthening both
its institutional arrangements and its technical capacity.
Key achievements of NEAS include:
• Establishment of an administrative structure, with the federal
as well as all regional assessment centers now both fully functional
• Completion of four cycles of Assessment on a large scale i.e. in
2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. The Report for NAT-2014 was launched on
3rd September, 2015.
• Intensive capacity building efforts, with technical staff
provided access to both international degree programs and in-country
training, the latter conducted by the World Bank Institute in
partnership with NEAS and the World Bank;
• Successful completion of all planned assessments, including the
baseline surveys that establish standard benchmarks against which
future trends in student learning will be measured;
• Initial results for levels of student learning in Grade IV and
VIII that provide insight into key weakness in the current system;
• Improvement in quality of item writing (tests of student
competency), instrument design, data collection and sampling
procedures, and coverage of the curriculum which leads to
improvement in the overall quality of the assessment;
• Regular dissemination of test results to key stakeholders so
that the findings can be incorporated in reform of policy and
• Development of a
communication strategy which includes the re-launch of a website
www.neas.gov.pk and Facebook page
• Partnership agreements with other education institutions, such
as the Institution of Education and Research (IER) Punjab and the
Federal College of Education, to strengthen training and development
of key technical skills in the assessment system;
• Development of Item Bank software which will be of great help
• Computerization of NEAS record.